How to donate seeds
Before you send your seeds
If you would like to donate some seeds, please submit a contact form stating
- where you are based
- what seeds you have available in what quantity
- when and where they were collected
- how they have been kept and
- which seedbank they are for
or send an email with the same information to:
- the manager of the American Seedbank, Bob Holzinger, at AmericanSeedbank [at] passiflorasociety.org, or
- the manager of the European Seedbank, Sal LaDelfa, at EuropeanSeedbank [at] passiflorasociety.org
One of them will then reply with instructions and a shipping label and/or the address to which you should send the seeds. Occasionally they will say that they are unable to accept some of your seeds, for example, if there is no demand for them, too many have been donated already or they are too old; please don’t be offended, and do try again another time !
Growing for seed
Please also use the contact form or email to let them know what species (or cultivars if appropriate) you might be able to collect or grow for seed for a future sale, given sufficient notice.
When asked to send your seeds
Please ensure that you follow the instructions given by the seedbank manager. These may vary from country to country, from seedbank to seedbank and from time to time, so don’t assume what you did last time will be OK this. If your seeds are blocked for some reason, you may not see them again, which would be sad for you and sad for those who might have wanted to buy.